Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dinteranthus microspermus ssp. puberulus

As I've been known to do as Winter approaches, I'm pulling this photo from archives. It's a wonderful African mesemb called Dinteranthus microspermus ssp. puberulus. These are summer growers and they're quite easy to grow...good drainage and don't over-water, especially during the winter!
Had an enjoyable evening with other Lewis & Clark College alumni (my undergraduate school, where I majored in philosophy - many years ago). Tomorrow night (or, I guess it's now tonight) I'll be with the Oregon Cactus & Succulent Society. For you local cactus & succulent people, hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Hola Lutero espero que te vaya muy bien en tu reuniĆ³n, en cuanto a la flor esta muy hermosa y tiene su parecido a los rayito de sol, un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both last night and tonight were enjoyable meetings. Now I have to prepare a worship service and sermon for Sunday morning.
    The flowers are nice aren't they? This was an old photo from last year. I notice today that they're just budding up and we'll have flowers again in about a week. A nice surprise as we head into the colder months.
    Always appreciate your comments. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do the flowers look different? Are they at different stages of bloom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely. The color changes as the flower progresses.

    ReplyDelete