Friday, July 11, 2014

They used to be called service stations....!

Lately I've been having problems with our vehicle, a 1995 Ford Aerostar. I guess I should expect it. It almost has 200,000 miles on it. Lately it's been blowing some of its soft plugs (=freeze plugs), which causes the engine to lose all its coolant.

I had it in the shop and when I picked it up, it appears they finally did get it fixed. But then, after driving across town to get some nursery supplies, I decided to get some gas. A pretty good plan, since the gauge was showing empty. So I stopped at the friendly Chevron station and one of the higher priced places around at $4.05 a gallon of regular. While getting the gas, we noticed it was losing water, a lot of water. When I finally was able to take off the radiator cap, it was clear I needed some water, so I asked if they had any. You know: service station, gas, air, water...it seemed like a natural.

The end of this sorry story is, yes  - I did get some water - but only after the attendant asked me not to tell anyone, as he would get in trouble with his boss!
That's why they're not called service stations anymore.

And - oh - the van seems to be running OK now.

No comments:

Post a Comment